Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pinewood Derby

 It is that time of year again. Time to put your best racing car forward. Well we didn't do too hot this year in the racing. The boys did have fun designing and then helping Dad to build them. Dad had his work cut out to get two cars done. Thankfully for him they only have this one year of two boys. This was Tyler's last year.
 Who knows what they are saying to each other.
 Hunter award this year was Best Workmanship! Way to Hunt!
 Tyler got the Best Detail this year! He loved it. Notice Gracie in the background. I couldn't keep her off of there. Little stinker!
 My cute boys are growing up too fast.
 This is more like their personalities.

 Hunter was pretty sad he kept getting 2nd and 3rd place. Dad promised to do better next year. Only time will tell though..

4 comments:

mad white woman said...

Wow, lots of updates! It cracks me up how some people are so obsessed with cactus when people who grew up around them don't even think twice about them!

Lance and Kimberlee said...

The cars look great! Good job boys!

LlamaMama said...

Mark ended up getting third place and came home with a pretty nice little trophy. This was his first year, so he was very excited.

Deb said...

Such cute boys.

I was cracking up at the picture of Gracie crying because of the chickens. Mostly because I feel her pain. I hate chickens. I've had few attack me before. They are mean little buggers.

And your gingerbread houses turned out SO great. All that hard work really is worth it. Although my mother in law took pity on me and for my birthday she bought me a gingerbread house cookie cutter kit. No more cutting out all of the peices by hand. YEAH! I'll let you know how they work out next year. They are probably worth every cent.