Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 3 Tombstone and Bisbee

I think we had the most fun on Friday. It was just my boys Tyler and Hunter with me that day. My girls stayed with Nana and Bumpa. We got to go to Tombstone first.

The boys got to meet some of the actors from the duel at the OK corral.

 They enjoyed it more than their cousin Hailie.
 This was the boys watching the show at the OK corral.
 Here is the end of the show. I felt so bad for the actors in their black trench coats. It was a warm day down there. It was right up my boys alley.

In the afternoon we drove down to Bisbee for the mine tour. This was my favorite thing we did. It was really neat to travel down into a mine and see what it was like for the workers. We all had to wear these larger coats.

 Who knows what they are looking at.
 Then we were outfitted with helmets and lights. It was a little heavy with it all on.

 These are the carts you ride down into the mine. You ride it like a horse. It felt a little weird. If you weren't by the front you don't have anything to hold onto.
 Here we are ready to travel down.
 I didn't get a picture of it but on the tour they showed all about working down in the mine. They had a cart for potty breaks. They asked does anyone want to sit on it and of course my boys were like ME ME. They run up there and sit on it. Yucky!! At least it was in those huge yellow coats...
 Tyler and Hunter were hanging on every word of the tour guide and maybe he felt bad that they sat on the toilets, but on the way out he let Hunter drive us out.

 Here he is driving us. Look at the excitement on his face!!! He was in heaven.

On last funny part of the tour. They have a bike that would go on the tracks and the tour guide asked Hunter to go climb up on it and try it out. So he was sitting there while the guide was telling us about the chutes and such when Hunter falls of the bike. It was so funny. I don't know what he did to fall off but we all got a good laugh out of it.

6 comments:

Hey Woody's World said...

It was a fun spring break. We need to do it again next year. Maybe we can get Travis there.

I AM JOE PESCI said...

WOW!! seriously fun stuff there.

Lance and Kimberlee said...

That is heaven for those boys. The pictures look great.

mad white woman said...

What a fun Spring Break. I kind of want to go explore southern Arizona someday, but I think I'll wait until it's nice and cool out. Gracie looks so big!

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Bisbee! It looks really neat.

Christina said...

Awesome! You are making me want to do some exploring out here! I loved pics from your trip. Too bad we weren't here when you guys were! Tyler's hat was awesome too. He is so funny!