Monday, November 10, 2008

To Grandmothers House We Go

My parents needed someone to go pick up the travel trailer at the cabin. They thought we would like to do that for them and as an added bonus they would watch the kids. We were all for that. Who would take free babysitting for the weekend!

We arrived up at the cabin to be greeted by a special sign on the kitchen table. My Grandmother made this sign specially for me. I am the only one to have been honored by my own sign up there.

We had just missed fall up there. The aspen trees were already bare. It is so beautiful up there.

This is the only heating source up there. It was 40 degrees when we arrived at night. This is what it was before we left. Needless to say I slept in 3 layers of clothing!! I am pushing for a bigger stove.
We had fun! It is so nice to have a weekend away from it all. Thanks Mom and Dad!!!

4 comments:

nate and marne said...

where do i sign up for this arrangement? i'll let your parents watch my kids any day!! :) i'm glad you guys got to get away, i'm sure it was a wonderful break from the everyday!

mad white woman said...

Sweet. Glad you have a weekend getaway... even though it was freezing.

So, did you lock the doors? Ha ha.

Terra said...

I love the picture of the sign! I am going to laugh every time I see it!! I can't wait till your parents build their cabin(or dome). We will have lots of good times!!

Christina said...

That is awesome that you had a chance to escape!! Too bad for the freezing temperatures. Your Grandma is too funny!!:) I bet it was really pretty and fun to get some time away:)