Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Projects

 All 4 of my kids are now in school. Granted Gracie is only in pre-K, but she is still gone a couple of hours four days a week. So to keep myself from being lazy I am trying to do projects around the house. Most of them are boring, but I have one I am proud to show off. This is Lucy in her dress back in this year spring time. She has loved this dress and it is so cute on her that I wanted one for Gracie. A week ago all the grandkids at my parents house were wearing Grandmas material as capes. The one Gracie was wearing was huge about 3 yards of material. I decided that was the material to make the dress out of.

Here is the dress all done. I took at the measurements from Lucy's dress and just recreated it.
 There is enough material to still have a cape!
 She is happy to have another dress! She loves wearing dresses.

5 comments:

nate and marne said...

wow, good for you marie! that is awesome that you could do that. i tried once, back when rebekah was a baby, to copy a dress. it didn't work out so well!! go marie!!

Lance and Kimberlee said...

Cute! I need to get myself a sewing machine so I can do fun projects too.

mad white woman said...

Way to go!

Can you believe all your kids are in school? Crazy. Gracie is getting so big.

Ashley said...

Way cute!! Good job!

Deb said...

1. You are so creative and smart! I am totally going to steal your dress making/skirt lengthining ideas. My girls LOVE to wear dresses and skirts (they want to wear one every day)and it is SO hard to find modest ones. Way to make things work.

2. I bet you make a great scout leader. We need someone like you in our branch who loves scouts. Why don't people like scouts? I'm with you, I think scouting is great.

3. So jealous of you and your cabin. You guys are going to have such great memories from going there all the time.

4. I love the picture of the kids stopping Travis from going to work.

It's been fun catching up with your blog. I miss you!