Tuesday, August 9, 2011

More Cabin Fun

 I spent a lot of time at the cabin towards the end of the summer. I wanted to live up there. The weather was beautiful and so were the surroundings. We even spent a whole week up there. I was even alone with the kids for almost two days. It was weird to think about how that is how most of first settlers were. The didn't have neighbors for miles and didn't see them very often. It was a bit lonely, but relaxing too. I read lots of books and just had lots of time to think.

Here are a couple of pictures of the kids putting on a play of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. It all started with Hunter looking into the fire that was really hot and saying to my Grandmother "I wonder what it would be like to burn in there" So Grandma Jean pulls out her bible story book and has them read the story. She helps them find costumes. Hunter is the King Nebuchadnezzar. The girls with the three in the fire. It was really cute!

 I love how sticks can become swords! My kids have the best imagination.
 Hunter was having fun with the bow.
 Check out these eyes!
Tyler talked his Dad into letting him drive the quads by himself. He was one happy boy.
 When we were alone we would go on long prowler rides. This is what I would look at in the back seat.



Hunter would stick his face over the prowler when we would go over puddles. This is what he would look like by the end of the ride!

No comments: