Monday, September 8, 2008

Life Stinks Sometimes

There are things in life that just suck to deal with. I got a notice today that someone sold our personal information to a "third party" Now I have to monitor our credit to make sure no one opens an account in our name. This is just something I really didn't want to deal with now. Hopefully nothing comes of it. I really don't want to be a victim of "Identity Theft". Sorry just had to vent a little.

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

Vent away. I'd be so bothered. Grrrr.

PS You can put a security thing on your SSN (I'm not exactly sure what it is or how you go about doing it) but that way, if someone tried to use your SSN to get credit, they'd have to answer a series of questions. I only know this b/c my mom did it to mine without me knowing it after she found out 3 people were using Angela's SSN so when I went to go get a cell phone and they needed to check my credit, they told me there was a security something on my SSN and made me answer questions.

Deb said...

Oh that stinks. About a year ago someone used Ians card number to put us $2,ooo below zero in our bank account. It was sooo stressful. It all worked out though.

That SSN thing sounds like a good idea.

Christina said...

I'm sure it will work out but it sounds scary!! Sorry to hear it, that's awful!